Citrus wants to be green !
Citrus is a young donkey. Nobody likes Citrus, nobody talks to him because all the donkeys are green. Except for Citrus who is as yellow as a lemon. So he is very sad.
They laugh at him :
– Hey, Citrus, when are you going to be green?
One day, he has enough. He walks to the sorcerer to get some help.
– Good morning, Citrus. Can I help you? asks the man.
– I’m rejected because I’m yellow and my community is green. I can’t stand it. What can you do for me?
He opens a big old book and reads it. Then the sorcerer says :
– I can make you fly, make you bigger or smaller or even less stubborn but I can’t change your colour!
– You’re wrong! Donkeys are not stubborn. We obey when we want to. That’s all!
– Sorry, Citrus.
– Well, goodbye, then, Mr Sorcerer.
Citrus remembers his last art lesson about colours. So he goes to the DIY shop.
– Hello, Mr Brush, have you got green paint for me, please? Donkey green.
– Sorry, but I’ve only got one can of paint left, says MrBrush, and it’s blue.
– Oh, that’s fine too, says Citrus. What’s the price?
As he walks back to his pasture Citrus is worried about his idea.
His art teacher says you can mix green and blue if you want to get a green colour but what if it doesn’t work with donkeys?
He stops under a tree, opens the can and dips his long tail in it.
And a few minutes later Citrus turns green, Donkey Green. He is delighted :
– Wow, what a fantastic colour! Now, I’m a real green donkey.
In the field, all the donkeys come around him.
– Hey, Citrus, you have a very nice colour. Come and have some water with us.
- Total nr. of readings: 729 Copyright © The author  All Rights Reserved. This story may not be reproduced without the express written permission of the author except for personal use.
Enjoyed that? Then you might like these...
A poem about making a playground for mice, who have lots of fun in it and even the Fairy Queen herself comes to visit.
The Soldier of Paleria
A soldier falls in love with the princess of his kingdom and decides to fulfil her impossible fancy. What does he encounter during his adventures and how do these events impact his outlook on life?
Ever wondered what happens when two dragons get married? Find out with this poem.
Rainbow Ice cream
This particular story is for age group 3-5 years, about a child Nancy who wants to eat an ice-cream. And she gets to eat it but with a surprise!
Stop the Yawn!
When elementary school-aged students express their boredom with their grammar lesson, their teacher finds a creative way to re-focus their attention.
Halum, the Temple Tiger
A story of two odd friends – the crow Bika with a broken beak and Mangy the mangy dog who lived with an old doctor near a forest - and how this led to the legend of the Temple Tiger with the glowing eyes.