PLEASE NOTE: Short Kid Stories is currently not taking new submissions for the time being, due to other work commitments. (The text below is being left for future reference.)
Join the growing list of contributors to Short Kid Stories!
Many successfully published and other talented authors have already submitted short stories for the site. See the author profiles page to learn about just a few of them.
Calling All Children’s Illustrators
My aim is to have a decent amount of illustrated content on the site. Some of the illustrated content will use public domain work that is free to publish, however I am keen to include original work. There will be many stories without illustrations on the site. If you are interested in illustrating a story to showcase your work, please get in touch. In some cases, a single illustration will be enough. In return, participating illustrators will have a profile page with bio and links to any other material they wish to promote. My goal for the site is to deliver significant exposure to tens of thousands of unique visitors per month visiting the site from all over the world.
For more information on the background to this project, see this article which featured in a leading writers website.
Illustrator Submission Incentive
As a thank you, every illustrator who submits work for consideration, accepted or otherwise, will receive a valuable five eBook series on creating a children’s eBook and publishing on Amazon. This includes:
- How to create a picture eBook in Word
- How to create your own illustrations (note – this one is of more interest to non-illustrators)
- How to create eye-catching eBook covers for FREE
- How format and upload a Kindle eBook
- A Word template already formatted for uploading into the Amazon Kindle store
Some authors and illustrators are rightfully concerned about the implications for copyright relating to their work. I hope the following makes it clear, but please contact me if you need any further clarifications.
- You retain the full copyright of your work
- What we will need from you is non-exclusive rights to publish so that the material can be presented
- You will be credited as the illustrator and there will be a link to your bio page where you can promote other works on and off-site
- You are free to publish or sell your work wherever else you wish at any time
- You can have your work removed from the site at any time you want
- Your work will not be resold
- If in the future we decide to create anything such as an anthology of “the best of” or “most popular” or whatever, it will only be with associated illustrators’ approval and support.
Short Kid Stories is seeking to create a win-win situation (apologies for the cliché – but it’s the most appropriate term!) – a promotional vehicle and a showcase for authors’ and illustrators’ works and great illustrated stories available to parents and kids all over the world.
Illustrator Submissions Form
If you would like to submit work to be included on the site, please fill out the illustrator submissions form below.