Join the growing list of contributors to Short Kid Stories!
Many successfully published and other talented authors have already submitted short stories for the site. See the author profiles page to learn about just a few of them.
Calling All Children’s Writers
If any you would like your work showcased on the site when it is launched, we’d be delighted to evaluate any children’s author submissions. In return, accepted authors will have a profile page with bio and links to any other material they wish to promote. My goal for the site is to deliver significant author exposure to tens of thousands of unique visitors per month visiting the site from all over the world.
For more information on the background to this project, see this article which featured in a leading writers website.
Story Submission Incentive
As a thank you, everyone who submits at least one story, accepted or otherwise, will receive a valuable five eBook series on creating a children’s eBook and publishing on Amazon. This includes:
- How to create a picture eBook in Word
- How to create your own illustrations
- How to create eye-catching eBook covers for FREE
- How format and upload a Kindle eBook
- A Word template already formatted for uploading into the Amazon Kindle store
Some authors are rightfully concerned about the implications for copyright relating to their work. I hope the following makes it clear, but please contact me if you need any further clarifications.
- You retain the full copyright of your work
- What we will need from you is non-exclusive rights to publish so that the material can be presented
- You will be credited as the author of the work and there will be a link to your bio page where you can promote other works on and off-site
- You are free to publish or sell your work wherever else you wish at any time
- You can have your work removed from the site at any time you want
- Your work will not be resold
- If in the future we decide to create anything such as an anthology of “the best of” or “most popular” or whatever, it will only be with associated authors’ approval and support.
Short Kid Stories is seeking to create a win-win situation (apologies for the cliché – but it’s the most appropriate term!) – a promotional vehicle and a showcase for authors’ works and great stories available to parents and kids all over the world.
Author Submissions Form
If you would like to submit work to be included on the site, please fill out the author submissions form below.
- Please submit the following details per story submission
- Author name and email address
- Story Name
- Word Count
- Target age range
- One line synopsis of the story
- Stories should be suitable for children from ages 1 – 15
- Illustrations are very welcome, particularly for stories aimed at younger children, however there must be a story at the heart of each author submission
- Maximum of 5 stories per author, submitted in one file
- Stories in the range of 200 to 4,000 words are welcome
- Quality is key and only material of a good standard will be used on the site.